Today I've been working some more into the Angel. Taking parts of the model into Mudbox and sculpting some more detail in them, though I spent many hours today trying to figure out normal maps. But, after several tries and re-sculpting a couple of times, I managed to get the map working in max... sort of. Here it is in Mudbox (Top) and then later in Max (Bottom) after I'd put on a little shiny material to give it a little something extra.
Monday, 27 February 2012
Monday, 20 February 2012
Made a series of little changes (wing size, belt addition, armour modification and shawl) to the angel. Let's hope this one passes the judgement of the director as I don't really want to change it any more... time to get on to another project as I'm already a few weeks behind...
Posted by Moggo23 at 06:30
Monday, 6 February 2012
Had a little break from work to practice my Photoshop skills. Tried a new way of drawing with this one by drawing directly with colour rather than my traditional way of doing it in B&W and colouring over it. I'll have to do some more this way as I'm quite happy with how this turned out.
Posted by Moggo23 at 00:39
Sunday, 5 February 2012
Just quickly put an opacity map on the feathers and they look so much better, amazing how something that quick can make it look so different. Even if the render time has been upped x10 haha
Posted by Moggo23 at 08:08
Playing with cloth modifiers for the hood and scarfy thingy, and I added some planes to fill out the shape of the wings and give it a more feathery look as well as adding his shoulder and leg armour. He's starting to look a lot better now that he's all in one piece and all I have to do now is his skirt, cape and rosaries. So if all goes to plan he should be finito by tonight. Hallelujah.
Posted by Moggo23 at 06:11